"And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune,
then the piper will lead us to reason"

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Open up to open source !

In a post some time back, I'd written about disliking Windows Vista, and having chickened out of installing Ubuntu. With a weekend at hand, and no intentions of hitting the books, I had to do something....well, Windows got the boot (pun unintentional) !


The whole thing took just 10 minutes, starting to ending. Another 5 minutes to install Skype, a Flash plugin for watching Youtube and other streaming videos, and VLC player, and there I was, all set...
I spent more time thinking about this, than I did on the actual installation. I had a friends laptop running a Youtube demo installation while I was working on mine. That way, I knew that I was on the right track, and which option to select and so on.


Now, everything on my laptop is free. FREE.
I love it.
Open Source rocks.
May the source be with you ! (mea culpa, that's a really bad one !!)

Oh, did I mention that my 3 year old laptop feels blazing fast now?

  1 comment:

Just 140..

Powered by Blogger.