"And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune,
then the piper will lead us to reason"

Monday, August 23, 2010

Music maketh the mood, or is it the other way around?

Today, there I was, in an Irish pub, a pint of bitter in hand, watching Man. Utd. a goal ahead against Fulham.
Neither of the two entirely unexpected, neither me in an Irish pub, nor Man. Utd. a goal ahead of Fulham. Everything ho-hum.


Suddenly, Fulham equalized. The game came to life, as did I, and as did the music. Now, either the faceless, nameless DJ at the classic rock radio station that was playing was a Fulham fan, or it was just me, a little mellower after a second mug, because all of a sudden, Led Zep, Kiss, Live, AC/DC (and Bon Jovi too) all played, back to back. Uptempo !!


The second equalizer, in the 89'th minute, and the unmistakable 'Whiskey in the Jar' comes on at the same time. Surely not just a coincidence, eh?
Four minutes of extra time later, the Man. Utd. players walked out a little unhappy, already trailing Chelsea. I walked out a content man !!
A long run later in the evening, a perfect ending to the August break...

PS: I don't hate Man. Utd. anymore. Not since a certain showboating Portuguese left Manchester for Madrid. But I still love to see the fan-boys pissed off !!

  1 comment:

  1. I like it when the DJ plays a perfect track ...
    something which suits my mood.
    The feeling is awesome..!
    The best part is.. only you know how happy you are in the whole pub.. it is as if the DJ guessed your secret!

    ReplyDelete

Just 140..

Powered by Blogger.