"And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune,
then the piper will lead us to reason"

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mea culpa - errors in judgement

One of the funniest things in the MBA that I've seen so far - the scramble for front row seats by otherwise sensible and smart adults.

Let me explain how it works...We'd got an email stating that we're free to choose our seats in the class on the first day, on a first-come first-serve basis. The catch, you're stuck with the seat you choose for the entire term. And the last line was, 'you better come early to get the seat you want'.

Error in judgement # 1
Now, since the classes begin at 1000 hrs, one would be justified in imagining that 0950 would be the time for some strategic positioning in the rearguard.

No sirree! Not for the overeager type-A personalities in the MBA program. My first error in judgement. These fine people booked their places at 0730 hrs, no later! I got this startling bit of info just as I was strolling into class at 0955 hrs.

Error in judgement # 2
My first reaction was "****, I'll have to sit in the first row now !". As it turned out, the early birds took all the pain to get to class really early, then just threw away this (sneakily, but hard earned, nonetheless) advantage to sit right down there, in the front in the class. That calmed me down, somewhat, and kept me amused throughout the day.

Methinks, the type-A's got it all wrong. The scramble should've been for the last rows.
Methinks, they're not the cool ones.
Methinks, the kids in my school (hell, all our schools) were smarter.

Anyhow, I'm good. I am where I belong. Up at the back.

  5 comments:

  1. Hey! I don't consider myself over-eager type A! The seat I wanted was taken too and I didn't want to go all the way in the back so I settled for the front row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting back to the basics... Are we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what I thought! I came early, still I was 'late', around 8.30 but, to my surprise, I got the place I wanted...in the back with he bad guys :-) 'that's the way-ay I like it'

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last ones will be the first ones, right?

    ReplyDelete

Just 140..

Powered by Blogger.